Geosite is looking for a GIS Analyst and Cartographer to help build out and support our mapping library, to help visualize spatiotemporal data, and to create beautiful maps. In a world where new spatial data are being created every day, we are making it easier for our users to find and work with these data.
We are looking for you if you have GIS technical skills, are passionate about geography and mapping, and you want to help people understand their world through the mapping and visualization of data from satellites, drones, and IoT sensors.
Note: U.S. citizens ONLY. In your initial contact, please state clearly whether or not you meet this requirement. Salary commensurate on experience. Full-time only.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Search, identify, and aggregate geographic datasets that generate value for customers
• Manipulate spatial data to create new data and map products for our data library.
• Gather and update metadata to aid data search
• Develop and implement workflows and pipelines to move and manipulate spatial data, and to ingest datasets
• Take ownership of mapping data sources, quality, and metadata including QA/QC
• Experience finding, manipulating, and creating vector and raster data from existing datasets (1+ year)
• Experience manipulating spatial data using code, and familiar with common spatial packages/libraries including Python/R, GDAL, geopandas, etc. (1+ year)
• Can implement cartographic principles to accurately and artfully visualize spatial data
• Experience designing maps based on tiles (WMS/WMTS/TMS, vector tiles) (1+ year)
• US Citizen eligible for full-time work in the U.S.
• Above experience replaceable by coursework
• Map portfolio demonstrating mapping and data visualization
• Experience in tracking and routing assets using location and road data
• Experience in GIS data science and modeling
• Experience with metadata standards and specifications like SpatioTemporal Asset Catalog (STAC)
• Can explain the difference between a location and a place and enjoys talking about it.
• Submit a 1-page cover letter and resume outlining your interest to email@example.com
• Conduct a phone screening interview with a Geosite SME
• Complete an hour-long GIS task and complete technical and fit interviews via phone/video.
• Conduct an in-person fit and interview at the Geosite office in Palo Alto